Posted by cynthiashepp
Stardust: A Futuristic Romance Collection
Visualize a world where space travel by the common man is as normal as getting on a plane, life has been discovered on other planets, humans travel light years to find their soul mates, technology exists along the lines that we have only imagined, and a passport will take you anywhere.
Your task for this anthology is to tell a story of adventure and love in a fantastical world. Use your imagination and come up with the futuristic aspects. Make believe a world that will wow us and have us wishing we could live there. Show us that, in a vast universe, love has no boundaries, and that worlds are just waiting to be discovered…
This is an adult anthology, so some light sex and intimate situations will be likely. But sexually disturbing scenes and those sensitive in nature will not be accepted (we have a right to refuse anything we deem inappropriate).
This time there will only be TEN stories chosen. Each submission will be provided to the judges without title or author information and will be chosen blindly based on story alone.
** SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE SENT TO CYNTHIA DIRECTLY THIS TIME, SO PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES CAREFULLY. **
Please look over the submission guidelines below and make sure that your story is formatted according to the specifications. Stories submitted that do not follow the guidelines will not be considered for the anthology.
- WORD COUNT: at least 5,000 but not to exceed 12,000 words.
- FILE SPECIFICATIONS:
- Document: Microsoft Word Document (doc/docx) is the ONLY file type accepted
- Font: Times New Roman
- Paragraph indentations: 0.5” (page layout > first line indent) *Please DO NOT use tabs or spaces*
- Margins: Normal margin settings (click on page layout > margins > normal)
- DEADLINE: Contest runs from January 1 – February 1. All entries must be turned in on or before February 1st. No exceptions.
- CONTRACT & COMPENSATION: You must sign a contract if you are chosen to be in the anthology. Due to the adult nature, no participants under the age of 18 will be accepted. There is no monetary compensation. The winners will receive one paperback and eBook copies, plus lots of great exposure!
- LIKE US: You must be following Cynthia Shepp’s Facebook because that is where all the contest details and announcements will take place.
- SUBMISSIONS: Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- SUBJECT: Stardust
- FILE: Your story attached using the guidelines above (please make sure your story title is included in the file)
- BIO: A brief bio up to 100 words
- DEDICATION: A brief dedication up to 50 words
- SOCIAL LINKS: Two social links you wish to share (example: website/blog and Facebook links)
- BOOK LINK: The ASIN number of one of your published books you wish to link to on Amazon
- CONTACT INFORMATION: (this is for private use and will not be shared with the public) email, full legal name, pen name, mailing address
HAVE FUN & BE CREATIVE!
Posted by cynthiashepp
This is a contest that I have going on Facebook right now. I would love to have more entries. Everyone is having such fun with it and I would love to see how creative everyone is. This contest is for ANYBODY, readers, authors, book bloggers, absolutely anyone can submit a story. The only stipulation is that you be a fan on my facebook page as that is where the contest is going on. You can become a fan HERE. I will post everybody’s stories on my facebook page for everyone else to read. Come check out the entries already submitted. The contest details are below.
*For this contest I want you to imagine that the world as we know it has ended. Total Apocalypse. You only have yourself and one other person you can rely on (your choice). There is no power, no water, and you are armed with only a backpack of supplies. In your backpack there are matches, 4 bottles of water, enough food to make it 3 days, and one weapon (your choice). Spin me a story, it can really be as long as you want, but at least 3 paragraphs, and tell me what you would do. Make it like a fiction book and spin a web of survival, danger, and conflict. Tell me why the world as you knew it ended, tell me your fears, make up a world in which nothing is the same and survival is hard, and the world is against you. Tell me what you would do, where you would go, how you would get food and water, how you would protect yourself, and how you would you make your life over again. You could even throw in some romance and meet some new people to help you on your journey.*
You can submit this story to me through my email email@example.com or just send it to me in a message on Facebook. 2 Winners will get a handmade fabric bookmark from Monkeyface Boutique as well as a MYSTERY PRIZE. There will also be a few runner up prizes (depends on how many people enter)! Contest ends September 27th. Cassie and I will review the stories and pick the most creative. BE CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN!